Support is a project of sumanahalli society, a residential care and support for HIV/AIDS destitute began in the year 2000. We started as service in the field of HIV/AIDS, visiting, counseling and giving treatment in the houses, hospitals and communities
It was from 2004 the center ventured into in house care of HIV/AIDS affected people. The buildings for SUPPORT was inaugurated on the 25th of January 2004, by the honorable governor of Karnataka, Shri T.N. Chathruvedi. And Mrs. Vandana Gurunany IAS, former director, KSAPS, inaugurated the services on the 1st of June 2004
We have capacity of 24 beds. The inmates are provided an integrated care, which includes yoga, meditation, counseling, behavioral therapy, psychotherapy, medication, meditation, occupational therapy, group activities etc. Since then we have been involved with multi-dimensional activates such as HIV/AIDS care for destitute, awareness program for school children, garments workers, and truck drivers and training for different groups, such as teachers, nurses and health workers.
SUPPORT as an NGO for HIV/AIDS destitutes envisages a human fraternity that unreservedly cares for its own without caste, color, creed and religion through Preventive, Promotional and treatment approach to make them part of the society
Looking at the problem of HIV/ AIDS with a positive approach to support the individuals to grow into holistically independent citizens.
support aims at reaching out to three target groups
1. Destitutes with HIV/AIDS
2. High risk groups
3. General community with preventive programmes
* Institutional care for the destitutes
* Re-instating positive people in their families and the community
* Providing psychological and emotional support to accept and live a life with HIV/AIDS
* Creating public awareness
* Training + people for economic independence
* Improving health conditions
* Offering legal assistance to the HIV + against exploitation
* Training persons to deal with growing cases of HIV/AIDS.
* Promote HIV testing
Home based care
* Drop-in facility
* Relinking lost family relationships
* Vocational training
* Job Placement
* Public Relations
* Health care
* Personality and Talent enhancement
* Research and Documentation
* HIV/AIDS destitutes
* Those rejected from families and society
* Poor and marginalized
* HIV/AIDS with Leprosy
* HIV/AIDS with Mentally retardation
* Visit to SUPPORT to spend your valuable time with them.
* Be a family member of Support by your participation.
* Sharing with others about support.
1. Sponsorship of a One month expense of the centre Rs. 100,000 (2000 euros)
2. Sponsor an inmate Rs.10,000 (200 euros)
3. Sponsor one time meal RS.1, 000 (20 euros)